Picking up the perfect weight for your body is important if you are to enjoy the benefits of sleeping with a Weighted Blanket. How heavy should a Weighted Blanket be is dependent on the age and weight of the user. This article will break down the various age groups to help you make the best choice!
How Heavy Are Weighted Blankets
YNM offers a wide range of weights across various sizes! This variety is important so users can find the perfect weight for their particular needs and bed size. People often ask us “how heavy of a Weighted Blanket do I need” and the first response is to determine what user category they fall under. Below are the 3 types of user profiles we design for and the weight ranges within each category:
- Children: 5 lbs, 7 lbs, 10 lbs
- Adults: 15 lbs, 20 lbs, 25 lbs
- Couples: 20 lbs, 25 lbs, 30 lbs
This answers the question of how heavy are Weighted Blankets, but now we need to take a deeper look into which weight you should buy for your own needs!
a) How Heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For Children
When making a purchase for a child, picking the right weight is important to get right. They must be able to move the blanket without any assistance. Being unable to do so means they are too young for the blanket.
With that said, a lot of parents buy their kids a Weighted Blanket to help them enjoy the various benefits associated with using one. You can learn more about these benefits here.
Weighted Blanket for Kids: How heavy?
- For Kids who weigh between 40 lbs - 70 lbs, purchase the Kids - 5 lbs Weighted Blanket
- For Kids who weigh between 70 lbs - 90 lbs, purchase the Kids - 7 lbs Weighted Blanket
- For Kids who weigh between 90 lbs - 120 lbs, purchase the Kids - 10 lbs Weighted Blanket
b) How Heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For Adults
For individual adults, how heavy should your Weighted Blanket be has a little more variation to consider. What size mattress do you sleep on? We provide a range of options for all bed sizes in our store. The reason why we increase the weight for larger mattresses is to compensate for the weight which is distributed across the entire bed as you sleep.
How heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For Adults? Single/Twin Size Bed
- For Adults who weigh between 120 lbs - 190 lbs, purchase the Single - 15 lbs Weighted Blanket
- For Adults who weigh over 190 lbs, purchase the Single - 20 lbs Weighted Blanket
How heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For Adults? Full/Queen Size Bed
- For Adults who weigh between 120 lbs - 190 lbs, purchase the Double - 15 lbs Weighted Blanket
- For Adults who weigh between 190 lbs - 240 lbs, purchase the Double - 20 lbs Weighted Blanket
- For Adults who weigh between 240 lbs - 290 lbs, purchase the Double - 25 lbs Weighted Blanket
c) How Heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For Couples
Share the bed with a partner? We offer a range of Weighted Blankets to help you find the best choice of Weighted Blanket for you both. Find an average between both of your weights and choose the weight which suits you both.
How heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For A Couple? Queen/King Size Bed
- If the lightest person in the couple weighs 120 lbs-190 lb, purchase the King - 20 lbs Weighted Blanket
- If the lightest person in the couple weighs 190 lbs-240 lbs, purchase the King - 25 lbs Weighted Blanket
- If the lightest person in the couple weighs 240 lbs-290 lbs, purchase the King - 30 lbs Weighted Blanket
d) How Heavy Should A Weighted Blanket Be For Elderly
Another popular group of users are the Elderly. As the blankets are great for aches and pain relief, the blankets have gained a lot of popularity within elderly communities across the world.
What’s important is to first consult with a Doctor or Therapist and discuss whether a Weighted Blanket would suit them and their needs. They also must be able to remove the blanket without any assistance.
If all of the above is fine, then you can consult our how heavy should a Weighted Blanket be for Adults section above for purchase guidance.
In the end, it’s all about finding the right Weighted Blanket for your circumstances and needs. While there is no right or wrong answer to how heavy should a Weighted Blanket be - it’s a case of giving the blankets a try and finding the best fit.
This is why we offer a 100-day trial. From the date of purchase, you have 100-days to experiment with the heaviness and experience of your Weighted Blanket before committing to the blanket. If you feel it’s not quite for you, then you can get in touch with us to arrange an exchange or refund.
We also want to help you make the right purchase at the first time of looking. All of the information we present in this article can be viewed in our size guide, where we also include some great images to help you better understand the Weighted Blankets and their weight recommendations.
How To Tell If Your Weighted Blanket Is A Good Fit
Once you have made your purchase, there are some clear signs to help you better establish whether you have made the best purchase for your size and weight:
- Improves Your Sleep
- Zero Discomfort
- No Pains When You Wake
- Doesn’t Disrupt Your Sleep
- You Stay Asleep For Most of the Night
Finding out how heavy should your Weighted Blanket be might seem like it’s harder than it looks, but all you need to do is purchase a blanket within your weight range. It’s easy to tell if the Weighted Blanket is too heavy for you, or suits your sleeping style, and you’re covered by our 100-day trial in any case!
How heavy should a Weighted Blanket be comes down to you. If you are interested in trying a YNM Weighted Blanket, then you can use the button below. Make sure you take advantage of the great deals we run too!